August is family fun month!
With 31 days in August, there’s still plenty of fun to be had this summer. This is a great time to check in on your bucket list and make a few more family memories before school starts. This year, give your family the gift of an experience that will leave a lasting impression, and memories that will last a lifetime. No matter where you live or what your budget is, there is something for everyone on the water. Below are just a few ideas on how you can spend quality time with your family on the water.
- Fishing: Take your kids, grandkids and family out for a day of fishing. Not only will you enjoy seeing the excitement the young ones have, but you’ll also be able to spend the quality time together that everyone deserves.
- Swimming: Dock your boat at the sand bar or out in the middle of the lake and watch the kids have fun jumping off the boat, or just floating in the water swimming. The kids seem to enjoy this more than anything else you can do on the boat.
- Relax: Take an enjoyable boat ride around a lake or river relaxing and spending time with your friends and family. Take a cooler and snacks with you for a picnic or take the boat to an-on the water restaurant for a special treat.
- Tubing - This is a great activity for everyone. Watch the kids laugh and yell as they skim across the water on their favorite towable.
- Knee-boarding – The kids will really enjoy the thrill of racing across the water. Watch out for those waves and be ready to splash in the water.
- Wake-boarding – If your family loves knee-boarding, chances are they’ll love wake-boarding. It’s a bit more challenging, but it’s a popular activity for young ones on the water.
- Wake-surfing – wake-surfing is currently one of the most popular water activities. Friends will love watching the experienced surfers as well as watching the beginners attempt to surf for the first time.